The programme aims to inspire the youngsters in
sericulturally developing ISC Member Countries
to take up research on sericulture and related
fields or specialised studies/assignments by
providing them opportunity to further their interest.
- The countries hosting the scholarship study shall be Japan and India,
- The host countries meet the maintenance expenditure covering facilities guide support, laboratory, accommodation, etc.,
- ISC shall provide the international travel expenses and appropriate living allowance for the stay of the candidates,
- The duration of scholarship shall be maximum of 12 months. Lower period can be decided according to the nature of research work or activities proposed to be taken up,
- The candidates deputed by the Government of the Member Countries shall possess adequate qualification and knowledge of English to live in a foreign country.
1ST BATCH OF SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME COMPLETED
As part of its efforts to promote enduring research on sericulture science, the ISC has organized the 1st batch of the Scholarship Programme at Central Sericultural Research & Training Institute, Central Silk Board, Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India, Mysore, India, for a period of one month starting from 4th January, 2016. Two researchers from Plan Protection Research Institute, Cairo, Egypt, namely Dr. Ibrahim Abdul Saad and Dr. Mahmoud Saad Ibrahiem Saad have been awarded with the scholarship. They have undertaken the research scholarship work in the sections of Silkworm Rearing Physiology and Pathology. Apart from working in these laboratories, the researchers were also exposed to the various activities of sericulture industry in different areas in and around Bangalore and Mysore.
Are you interested ?
Interested countries may send their request through duly filled in application form.