Dileep Kumar R
- Exclusively looks after the works in the ISC HQs in the areas of; International collaboration, coordination with Member Countries, Associate Members, Ambassadors, Non-Member Countries, International and Regional agencies, organization of meetings, visit of Secretary General and visit of foreign delegates to ISC office, Technical issues, Administrative and Financial matters of ISC, Office maintenance, and all other works in the ISC HQs, Bangalore, India,
- Rolling out the Plan of Action conceived by the Secretary General and the decisions of the Executive Committee and the Conference,
- Put into 32 years of service for the development of sericulture and silk industry in the areas of sericulture research, extension, management of sericulture programmes and projects at national level,
- 25 years of experience in international cooperation involving 47 countries and many international agencies,
- Thorough knowledge in international rules & regulations and expertise in dealing with foreign countries, Embassies, Ministries, and International Organizations of the world, and
- Expertise in preparing sericulture development programmes and projects at national and international levels, training proposals, monitoring of programmes, technical evaluation of projects and programmes, proficiency in language and tools.
Contributions to ISC
- Instrumental in enrolling four countries; namely, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, DPR Korea and Kenya in ISC as Member Countries,
- Organized enrolling of 25 Associate Members,
- Conceived and initiated new programmes like; Training, Scholarships, Volunteer Expert Programmes, Sharing of Genetic Materials, Regional Collaborations, etc.
- Conceptualization, designing and launching of ISC website in a new look,
- As Coordinator, organized three International Congresses on Sericulture and Silk industry held at Bangalore during 2001, 2005 and 2014 (participation of more than 350 delegates in each event); three ISC Conferences held at New Delhi (2013), Bangalore (2013) and Mumbai (2015), India; four Executive Committee Meetings at Bangalore (2013), Egypt (June-2014), Bangalore (2014) and Kolkata (2016), Regional Consultative Committee Meeting on Sericulture for SAARC countries held at Mysore, India during August, 2015.
- Organized an international training on sericulture and silk industry sponsored under Indian Technical Economic Cooperation (ITEC) of Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India for ISC Member Countries at Central Sericultural Research & Training Institute, Central Silk Board, Mysore, India during 2014.
- Conceived and organized scholarship programme for two Egyptian researchers at Central Sericultural Research & Training Institute, Central Silk Board, Mysore, India during 2016.